It is currently October 1st, 2014, 10:14 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: July 24th, 2006, 9:29 pm 
I am a person my parents warned me about

No. Of Shows Attended: 11
The following is a press release from Jackson Quigley:

==========================================

The Underground World of the Internet Parrot Head is about 12 years old now. It’s undergone many transitions. People have come and gone; Websites have come and gone, but Jimmy’s music is still the motivating factor.

Back in ’94 and ’95, when this whole thing started, people were amazed to find others that were umbilically connected to the temperate zone like they were. Jimmy Buffett was on his way to becoming a household name because of the Internet. The last 12 years has seen Buffett go from a virtual unknown to today where he finally has a #1 hit.

Jackson “Bubbafreak” Quigley was a big part of that early Parrot Head Movement. He got so swept up in it that he wrote the first book totally dedicated to the Internet Parrot Head Phenomenon. He also became the first Parrot Head to do what many others had only dreamt of: He took the Ultimate Parrot Head Road Trip and attended to each and every show of a Buffett Concert Season—Beach House On The Moon. Then he just dropped off the radar.

Ever wonder what happened to him? Or do you simply want to know what it was like back in the old days? Come join Jackson on his new Website Club St. Somewhere: The Other Side of Obsession @ http://web.mac.com/oneparticularph

There you will see Blogs, old and new articles, Jackson’s personal Parrotphanalia collection, photos, and videos. And on the horizon will be the Club St. Somewhere Podcast. You can even buy his book JimmyDOTcom: The Evolution of a Phan. Just like the Parrot Head World, it is ever evolving, so visit often.

As Jackson says, “I just needed a place to exorcise some the Parrothead Demons that had latched on to me as I traveled thru the Underground World of the Internet Parrot Head. I also wanted to come back and see how the Internet had changed while I was gone. And on top of all that, I had always wanted to create a Parrot Head Website that was different from all the rest.

During my travels, I had probably met more Parrot Heads than anyone else. I learned a lot from them, and had a great time. This seemed like the thing to do as I wrote my next book: The Memories of a Middle Aged Parrothead—A Jimmy Buffett Inspired Adventure.”

Stop by for a visit. Drop Jackson an email and tell you what you think.

Jackson Quigley
mailto:JacksonQuigley@mac.com
web.mac.com/oneparticularph