It is currently April 18th, 2014, 7:18 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: March 20th, 2006, 5:31 pm 
I am a person my parents warned me about

No. Of Shows Attended: 11
Six restaurant concepts have been selected by Nation’s Restaurant News as its 2006 Hot Concepts! by the editors of NRN.

Among the winners: Cheeseburger in Paradise.

The chain, their leaders and employees will be honored May 21 in Chicago during the Nation’s Restaurant News Hot Concepts! celebration at the John G. Shedd Aquarium. The event, sponsored by Equal, will take place during the annual National Restaurant Association show.

“One of the great strengths of the restaurant industry is innovation, and Equal is proud to salute the 2006 Hot Concepts! winners for developing
ground-breaking new concepts with immense public appeal,” said Michael Falvo, vice president of foodservice for Equal. “We also congratulate our Hot Again! winner for continuing to offer a creative and fun dining experience throughout its 20-year history.”

Cheeseburger in Paradise was founded in August 2002 and now is owned by Outback Steakhouse, under a license from singer-songwriter Jimmy Buffett. The “island fantasy” concept features colorful cocktails and live music as well as Key West-style architecture and decor that offer customers an escape from the daily grind. Topping the chain’s menu are its signature hamburgers and other traditional, American favorites prepared with a Caribbean flair. There are currently 29 Cheeseburger in Paradise locations, and another 20 are scheduled to open by year-end.

The Hot Concepts! program recognizes forward-thinking companies with emerging growth potential. Selected by the editors of NRN, candidates are judged on the basis of clearly defined concepts that have expanded to multiple markets and appeal to consumers on the leading edge of foodservice.